Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hotel Life

Things that suck about living in a hotel:

1. Taking the dog out to do his business is not an easy task. It requires getting the baby in the Bjorn; putting the leash on the dog; making sure you have a room key; running into random people in the hall that want to talk to you about either your dog, your baby, or both; wading through sprinklers to get to a semi-dry portion of the lawn.

This morning was exceptionally bad. Watley REALLY had to take care of some stuff outside. Well, Kendall was sleeping. But Watley REALLY needed to go, and I couldn't take his constant pacing anymore. So, I had to pick up Kendall, which woke her up (thank goodness she wakes up happy!), and let him outside. Then, the room key that I had decided not to work. So I had to go to the front desk in my PJ's to get a new key.

2. This is not an extended stay type of hotel. Thus, there is no mini-kitchen. We have a fridge. A small fridge. So, we're making lots of sandwiches and salads and things that don't need to be cooked.

One positive side of this - I've invented a really good non-cook thing to make. Stay tuned for that.

3. Limited space for a now-crawling baby.

Since the scooching video, Kendall is now able to take about 7 strides without plopping down on her belly. Maybe she could do more, but 7 strides gets her from one side of the room to another.

4. Housekeeping knocks on your door, waking a napping baby.

Which reminds me, I need to ask the front desk for a "Do Not Disturb" sign, since we apparently don't have one for our room.

No comments:

Post a Comment