Thursday, July 01, 2010

Our Trip - Part 2

After leaving Lake Powell, we split up - Tony and Mere went to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, and our little family went to Monument Valley. A couple months back, when I was trying to find a place to stay in Monument Valley, I found out about this hotel called The View. Turns out, that's a perfect name for this hotel! I can't imagine it being called anything else!




Anyways, Monument Valley is "the West." I think most people, if they were to close their eyes and try to picture what the West looks like, they would likely have this landscape in mind. It's beautiful, and I'm glad we took time to visit.




We also found the Forrest Gump road...you know, in the movie, when he says he's done running and turns around to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment