Monday, October 24, 2011

Cami Turns Two!

Cami is such a sweet, funny, happy girl, and I have been so blessed to have her in my life! I can't believe it's been two years since I gave birth to her - the time is really flying by!  We've had a great birthday weekend for her here in Florida. Her pumpkin-themed party was on Saturday, and it was a big success! 












Our new house has a brick oven in the backyard for making pizzas, so pizzas were definitely on the menu for the party!  My brother is somewhat fascinated with our brick oven, so he was very eager to help out with the pizza making.  I think we had 5 different pizzas altogether, one of them was in keeping with the pumpkin theme, and had pumpkin dough (I'll link up to all the recipes I used at the end of this post).  The pizzas were a hit, and were gone as soon as they came out of the oven!





Then of course, there were presents.  Cami was so funny with her reactions.  When she opened this one present that was a Hello Kitty outfit, she literally freaked out.  Yeah, my kids are obsessed with Hello Kitty.  She got some really great presents and loved opening all of them.







And then the cake.  I didn't do a traditional birthday cake this time - instead I made mini pumpkin cheesecakes.


And here's some video of everyone singing Happy Birthday.  I love her reaction at the end, and then I love what Kendall says about the candles.


Untitled from Kelly Spear on Vimeo.


And then today, Cami's actual birthday, I wanted to do something special, so I made cake batter pancakes.  I think these will become our birthday tradition breakfast for everyone's birthday!  The sprinkles make them so much fun!






Grant had to go to work, of course, but before he did, Cami got changed into her new Hello Kitty outfit that she was so excited to open on Saturday.


We had a great weekend!

As far as the pumpkin theme for her party, I guess you can blame that on Pinterest.  I had been seeing all these great pumpkin ideas, and I needed an excuse to make everything I was seeing!  So here's the links for everything I used...

By far, the best response I got as far as recipes goes was for this Pumpkin Fluff Dip, served in a hollowed-out pumpkin. 

The mini pumpkin cheesecakes.  I didn't use a mini cheesecake pan like the recipe called for, so they weren't exactly bite-sized. 

The pumpkin dough.

The pumpkin cooler to hold drinks.

Pumpkin Candle Holders.

And then the cake batter pancakes I made this morning.

2 comments:

  1. It was fabulous, and today looked just as wonderful. By the way, Cami looks A LOT older without that rubber band in her hair!!! I was shocked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, Kelly, it looks amazing! I love the pumpkin theme! The pumpkin drink holder is my favorite! Still jealous of the pizza oven!

    ReplyDelete