Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yeah, yeah, yeah...Thanksgiving has been over for a while.  Better late than never, right?

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our families (in-town family, that is).  It was so nice to just be able to drive less than an hour and be at our destination, instead of driving to an airport, and spending all day on planes.  Actually, we got to my parents house the day before Thanksgiving, so Thanksgiving Day, we could just relax and enjoy already being there.

My mom has always hosted Thanksgiving Dinner at her house.  From that first Thanksgiving that Grant and I were dating, waaaay back in 1998, it's been a tradition.  Even after Grant and I moved away in 2003, his family would still go over to my parent's house for the day.  I think last year was the only year since 1998 that they didn't go to my parent's house, and that was because Grant's parents visited friends in Alabama.  So, even though not all of our family was present (we missed John and Sarah, and my sister Trina and her family), we still had a great time.  My parents also invited a couple from their church to join us.



As usual, the food was AMAZING!  And PS, I got my brother that "Mullet Do" shirt years ago, and it's still one of his favorite shirts.  We had a fried turkey, ham, homemade bread, quinoa casserole, sweet potato casserole, fried corn, mashed potatoes, and plenty of other stuff that I'm forgetting.  It was all delicious!


Starting with the trifle bowl, my mom made the trifle, Grant made the pumpkin pies (from a real pumpkin - not canned!), Janet, my mom's friend made the cake, I made the pumpkin cookies, and my sister-in-law, Meredeth made mincemeat pie and blueberry pie.  We love our desserts!


And everyone chowed down!



It was a great day, and we were all very thankful to be able to spend it together. 

2 comments:

  1. Aww, we missed being with you guys, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike is jealous. He loves Mincemeat pie.

    ReplyDelete