Sunday, June 21, 2009

Busy Weekend

Saturday was my birthday. And we did something super fun and fantastic to celebrate! We bought a new washer!!!

What? That's not fun? Yeah, I guess you're right. Not when it's out of necessity.

Let me back up...

Friday morning, I'm skyping with my mom while running a load of laundry. Our laundry room is upstairs. All the sudden I hear a dripping sound. That's usually not a good sign.

I ran upstairs, and opened the laundry room door, only to find the entire room flooded!

Long story short...we needed to get a new washer.

Which brings us to Saturday, my birthday.

Really, it ended up being a pretty nice day! We spontaneously went out for breakfast at the Omelette and Waffle Shop, then on to Lowe's to check out washers, where we found one we really liked, but we didn't buy it. Then we went out to Orange County to a scratch and dent appliance outlet to see if they had any deals. They didn't really have anything we were too impressed with. So then we went to Best Buy to see if they had the same washer that we found at Lowe's, but for cheaper. Because we found out that Lowe's price matches, and beats the price by 10%. It was a good stop, because they did in fact have the washer we wanted for cheaper. So, then it was back to Lowe's to buy the washer. It's not a fancy front loader, but it's a pretty nice top loader, with a hand washing function! I'm pretty interested in trying that out.

Once we bought it, we came home and took naps - all 3 of us.

When we got up, Melissa's husband came over and helped Grant move the old washer out and the new washer in - which was much needed!

After that, we went out to the Sixth Street Bistro, where we had a really great dinner.

Once we got home, Grant gave me my gift - the Flight of the Conchords Season 1 DVD!! I blogged about FOTC here, and so I was pretty excited to actually own the first season!



Sunday, of course, we went to church. While we were getting ready for church, Grant showed me his fancy new tie that his mom had made for him - it had a picture of Kendall and I on it! Very clever! When we came home, Kendall gave Grant our cards - which he really loved.




Later in the day, I decided to grill a pizza. All I can say is it was pretty amazing. Megan, I think you'd definitely be interested in this recipe!

All in all, it was a busy weekend, but a good one.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, after you put that video up of FOTC, I Netflixed it and the DVD broke after the first 2 episodes. We were already loving it, so we went out and bought it! Hilarous! Have you gotten Eagle vs Shark yet?

    P.S. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete