Sunday, December 03, 2006

Walgreens

I just wanted to take a second and rant about Walgreens photo department. First of all, let me say that our Walgreens in Albuquerque was great. Not only was it in walking distance from our house (although I don't know that I ever actually walked there), but they had a great photo department. However, here in lovely Ohio, things at Walgreens...not so great.

Last year, I made all of my Christmas cards that I sent out. This year, I knew that wasn't going to happen because, unlike last year, I'm working full-time. So, I decided to do one of those picture cards. Well, I picked one out that I liked on Walgreens website. Ordered them, and the next day they were ready for me to pick up.

So, after work, I went to Walgreens. First of all, I waited at the counter for about 5 minutes before anyone came to help me. The cashier even made an announcement pretty soon after I walked up that someone needed to go to the photo department. Five minutes. Then, the guy comes up, I tell him I'm picking up an order, and give him my last name.

He then looks through the "S" bin, and moves aside a big envelope, which I was pretty sure was mine, because it was a pretty big order. But he moves it to the side, and keeps looking. I tell him that I ordered Christmas cards, so it would be a pretty big package. He tells me he can't find it. I lean over the counter, look at the first big envelope that he pushed to the side, and there was my name. So I tell him, and he gets it.

While I was waiting those wonderful five minutes to be helped, I noticed an advertisement on the counter that said if you order your photo Christmas cards through them, you get a free pen that writes on photos, while supplies last. So when he hands me my order, I ask him about the pen. He looks at the ad like he's never seen it before. Reads it very carefully, then tells me that he's never heard of that before, but he'll look anyway. Well, he looks quickly, then says that they don't have them. So that's that.

I went on to my yoga class, then home. It hit me in the car on my way home that I bet he didn't give me the envelopes that were supposed to come with my order. So I get home, open up the envelope, and sure enough, no envelopes. I called and talked to the same guy, and he immediately realizes that, yes, he forgot to put the envelopes in there. I asked if I could pick them up the next day, and he says yes, and apologizes.

So, the next day, after work, I go to pick up the envelopes. This time, I probably only waited about 3 minutes before the same guy came to the counter. He recognized me, so he gives me my envelopes.

Yesterday, I decided I was going to address the envelopes. In the back of my head, I was kind of thinking, "What if these aren't the right size envelopes?" But then discounting it, because, surely, he would've checked the size of the cards I ordered, and put the right sized envelopes in there. Well, he didn't. I got the wrong sized envelopes. But whatever...I'm just going to trim off the white edges of the photo card, and use these envelopes, and never go back to that Walgreens again.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:17 AM

    two words: shutterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:48 AM

    is that the place that you get your posters done through? because i'm about to have to print a poster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:09 PM

    no actually, i get them done at winkflash.com. takes a bit longer for printing and shipping but it seems a bit cheaper.

    ReplyDelete