Wednesday, October 03, 2007

What's Happenin'

Not too much here. I really haven't had much to write about.

I did go to the first art club meeting for ASPA (AFIT Spouse Association) last night. My neighbor, Dawn, is heading it up...she's super cool and super artsy, and she'll also be doing my pregnant pictures later this month. We made coasters out of kitchen tile. They're lovely.

I'll be heading to P'cola this weekend to spend time with the fam. I'm so excited! I haven't been home since Christmas, and a pregnant girl needs to see her mom! It will be a quick trip, but it's much-needed.

On the same note, we were thinking of going home for Thanksgiving this year, since we can't go home for Christmas. But after talking to some people in our childbirth class, I think I've been talked out of it. Being 3 weeks away from my due date, and driving 12 hours (without stops, so probably more like 15-16 hours, thanks to my smushed bladder) down to Florida doesn't seem like much fun. So, we'll just more than likely stay here this year. I'm kinda bummed about that, because, I have to say, Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday. My mom's cooking is at her all-time peak of the year (which is saying a lot, since she's the best cook I know), and it's always such a great time. I asked her to go ahead and plan on making some biscuits and gravy while I'm home this weekend. She's also going to make one of my favorite dinners on Sunday, along with pumpkin cheesecake. I love my mom!

I'm totally rambling now, so I'll stop.

Okay, just one more thing...I can't believe that she-who-is-yet-unnamed is only about 75 days away from making her appearance! The time is flying by. She's already making her presence known by all sorts of strange movements in my belly. I love it.

2 comments:

  1. Girl, your drummer drums woke up my baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've taken up drumming? nice.

    ReplyDelete