Friday, March 13, 2009

Role Models

You'll have to excuse me, but I heard about this the other day, and it's really been bothering me.

Do you see anything wrong with Miley Cyrus' response to rumors about her and her boyfriend moving in together?

Miley Cyrus has brushed off reports she's planning to move in with model/singer Justin Gaston - insisting she's too independent to handle a live-in lover.

The 16-year-old has been dating 20-year-old Gaston since last year; their age gap sending gossips into a spin.

Although the Hannah Montana star insists their families have been supportive, Cyrus admits she's not ready to take the relationship to the next level.

She says, "I love him to death... but no... (Justin) is so smart, but just like, everything has to go where it's supposed to go and if it doesn't, I get really frustrated."


Shouldn't the typical response to something like this be, "Are you kidding me? I'm 16 years old!"

I'm not even looking for the stereotypical teen queen answer of, "I'm saving myself for marriage," because as we've seen with other girls who have said this, it usually proves false.

The girl is 16!!! She's treating this as though it could be true, but she's just too independent for it to happen, and age has nothing to do with it. She's lost all touch with reality.

Please, Lord, give us some better role models by the time Kendall is old enough to have them!

2 comments: