Monday, May 04, 2009

Oxnard & Santa Barbara

This past Friday, Grant had to be in Oxnard for something work-related, and decided to take me and Kendall with him. Oxnard is far enough away, that we needed to get there the night before. And we decided to stay Friday night, too, and spend Saturday in Santa Barbara.

We stayed at this awesome resort/hotel right on the beach. The only problem was that the weather didn't really cooperate - it was chilly and cloudy the whole time! But it was still beautiful.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well Kendall did sleeping in the hotel. Sometimes I find myself unnecessarily worrying about things, and she ends up proving to me that I need to trust her more! And thanks to the blackout curtains in the room, she even slept in a little bit, so that was an added blessing.





Friday night, my friend Ange drove up from Orange County, so she could go to Santa Barbara with us on Saturday.

All I can say about our time in Santa Barbara was IT WAS A BLAST! Seriously, we had so much fun. Mostly thanks to the surrey we rented. A surrey is this little bike/cart with a canopy on top. We got the 4-person one, so the three of us peddled, while Kendall sat in the basket on the front for a fun ride. I'll post video of that tomorrow. It deserves its own post.

Anyways, we were worried it was going to be cloudy like it had been in Oxnard, but literally as soon as we drove into Santa Barbara, the clouds cleared, and the sun was out! It ended up being an absolutely gorgeous day!


This picture makes me laugh, because the surrey was rolling back, and we were trying to stop it. Grant's face is hilarious.


This is quite possibly my favorite picture of the 3 of us.







This is just sweet...Grant asked Kendall to hold his hand, and she did! They were like this for several minutes.



After riding our surrey, we drove up and down State Street, which is the main shopping and dining area of Santa Barbara. We ended up eating at this cool little Indian buffet for lunch. After that, we drove to the mission, which we had been to before, but Ange hadn't seen. AND THEN, we went to McConnell's to get some delicious ice cream. Unfortunately for those of you who don't live in So Cal, you aren't able to get McConnell's. It's my favorite ice cream of all time right now...specifically, the Peppermint Stick flavor. For those of you who do live here, and you've never had it, you can buy it by the pint at Whole Foods. Grant doesn't appreciate it as much as I do, but that's okay, because that just means more for me!

So that was it...just a quick little mini-vacation for our family.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures! I love the "surrey with the fringe on top", I know you're not familiar with it but there was a song with that title back in the day, and I still remember it. Doris Day.
    Love the shots of Grant and Kendall, and the one of the 3 of you is great--too precious for words!

    ReplyDelete