Friday, July 21, 2006

It's a Small World After All

There have been several times in my life when I swore I was psychic. I will think about something, and later on, what I was thinking about will actually happen. What happened this past week is an example of this.

Some college friends that came to the wedding I was in in Michigan planned a trip to Cedar Point the Monday after the wedding. If you don't know what Cedar Point is, it's this amazing amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio. As many of you know, we're moving to Ohio next month, and I have already talked to a college friend who lives in Cleveland about getting together once we're there - going to baseball games, basketball games, etc. Well, when we pulled into the parking lot at Cedar Point, I thought to myself that I should've contacted my friend in Cleveland so she could meet us at Cedar Point.

Later in the day, I told one of my friends that I was with, Matt, that it would be so funny if we ran into PCC people at Cedar Point, since so many PCC students come from Ohio and Michigan.

A few hours later, we were getting ready to go on some of the water rides, since it was an incredibly hot day, and we were soaked with sweat. As we were getting a locker to put our stuff in, my friend Sharon said, "Kelly, don't you know that girl over there?" I looked, and sure enough, it was the person in Cleveland that I've been keeping in touch with!

There's a few things about this situation that are weird to me:

1. It's a Monday...usually people are working, not going to amusement parks that are over an hour away from their house. If it was a weekend, it would be a little different.
2. It's a huge park...the fact that we were at the same place, at the same time? That's just weird.
3. This person was not just some random person that I knew at PCC...this was a girl who was in the same major as me, took all the same classes as me, and sat next to me in almost every class.
4. Why did I randomly think about her the day that we went to the park? I hadn't thought about asking her to meet us there before, and we'd been planning this for months! This is just proof that I am, in fact, psychic.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:19 AM

    Hey did you ever here that song, How Bizarre?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:19 AM

    I mean HEAR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:24 AM

    That's an old one! Yes, it was very Bizarre.

    ReplyDelete