It's been 4 weeks, and we're still counting. Still no word on the house. Nothing. God is definitely testing our patience. So here's the latest.
On Sunday (yes, Mother's Day - my first one. Not a great way to spend it, I might add), we had to move out of our temporary house on base, because our 30 days was up, and they didn't have availability. So, we moved into a Marriott close to the base. The military will pay for 10 days here. So if we haven't moved into our house by the end of the 10 days (which, it's looking like we're not going to), we'll move to another (read: cheaper) hotel until we can move into the house.
What's happening with the house? I wish we knew. The housing office says the contract is still holding everything up, but I would think that with people waiting for houses (we're not the only ones), and after more than 30 days pass with the contracts not getting settled, they would go with another sub-contractor. But apparently, they have a different agenda.
I try not to think about it too much, because it raises my blood pressure. But now that we're in this hotel, and we don't have a backyard for Watley to go out in whenever he wants, and the room that we're in is pretty tiny, I'm starting to get serious cabin fever. Oh, and on top of all of this, Mr. and Mrs. J are coming for a visit at the end of the month, and are supposed to stay with us. I hope we're in our house by then, but I'm very skeptical.
Really, I don't mind waiting. I really don't. We're going to be living here for 4 years, so waiting a month or two for a great house is not that hard. What's hard is not knowing how long we'll have to wait.
Now that my blood pressure is way up, I'm going to stop writing about this now and think happy thoughts.
On the bright side of things, we seriously love it here! The weather, the people - everything. When we get our computer, I'm seriously going to inundate you all with tons and tons of pictures and stories of all the people (old friends and new) we've met here.