Sunday, November 30, 2008

New Zealand Shout Out!

I have to give a BIG shout out to my girl in the land down under. Not Australia, though. The the other one down under. The cooler one. New Zealand.

A few days ago, I got a package from her. It was these super cute kiwi socks for me and Kendall!! Jen understands that I have an obsessive fascination with New Zealand, and that I would really, really LOVE kiwi socks, and that I want to get Kendall in on the same obsessive fascination.

Also, before Jen moved there, she let me and Melissa go through some stuff to see if we wanted anything. I picked out these small wooden Ikea picture frames. I didn't know what I would use them for, but I knew they had potential.

Then it hit me. I've been wanting to do a family collage. We have this really long wall, and I decided that would be the perfect place for it. I think I'm painted out, so I didn't want to paint anymore walls, so to achieve color, I decided to just get a bunch of frames and paint them different colors. This is where Jen's frames come in.

With the frames she sent me, plus the ones I had lying around the house, I only had to buy one frame, which was awesome.



And if you think I'm talented enough to paint that "Family is Everything," well, you're right. I am that talented.

Okay, maybe I bought that phrase from Uppercase Living. But, I like to think I'm that talented.

Oh, and one more thing. I was reading Haley's blog, and I got inspired to try this December Photo Challenge. I really am going to try. I mean, I've been blogging every day now for the past few days anyway, so what's the difference?

4 comments:

  1. I love your Family wall! Awesome! Wanna come decorate my house? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on the collage, Kelly! And I am so glad you are going to the the December Photo Project! Drop Rebecca a comment at tredways.org so she can link to you. Can't wait to see your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! but i want to see the wall with the furniture and the curtains to see how it all fits together - I know it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is awesome! i'm glad you put the frames to good use, better than when i had them! glad you liked the socks as well... love!

    ps you should do a birthday calendar for Kendall, like one of those christmas calendars!

    ReplyDelete