Saturday, August 12, 2006

Greetings From Omaha

We are here in Omaha, visiting Grant's dad (who is here for some contract work). We've had a great trip so far - driven about 1,500 miles, seen 3 national parks, a few memorials, and a few thousand motorcycles (we happened to be in southwestern South Dakota during the Sturgis Bike Week).

Details will be coming soon, once we get settled in our new home. I'll break our trip up into phases, so it won't be so overwhelming (or boring) to read.

We already miss our Albuquerque home very, very much. Although I have to say, the move STILL has not settled in. I think right now, we're thinking that we're just on a vacation seeing the country, and we'll be back "home" in a few days. Well, we will be "home" in a few days, it's just that it will be a different home.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:47 AM

    Thanks for the update. It still hasn't sunk in for me either that you are gone. I feel like you are just out of town for a while! Have fun with the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:50 PM

    same for us! camp was quite the experience - fun, fun, fun- glad for my bed though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:12 AM

    Ditto for me here -- I still feel rather like I'm on vacation here in the UK! Then yesterday, I took some time for some touristy stuff, but I realized I'm really on holiday in Ohio! :-) I'll have to hit the coast here soon -- or some mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:35 AM

    I know! Glad to hear you all are okay--ABQ will not be the same...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:49 AM

    i miss you. even though i never lived in alberquerque. or however you spell it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:31 PM

    We miss you too! It'll be good to hear from you once you're settled. We miss Abq too. ~although now that we Coloradans discovered the beach, I don't know if we can go very far from here!~ Glad you're having fun on your trip & seeing the country. Take Care, Jaz

    ReplyDelete