Sunday, February 11, 2007

You decide

Yesterday, I went out shopping (yay!), and when I came home, I got out of the car and saw this gigantic icicle! Now, I really think there should be a better word to describe this thing. I'm thinking "mini glacier."

Now I'm sure it doesn't really fit the definition of a glacier, but I'm also pretty sure it doesn't fit the definition of an icicle, given it's size. Any other suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Well, no, it's not quite a glacier, but if you check Wikipedia (, you'll see that if it's smaller than 1 meter, then it's called a Growler. It looks taller than 1M, though, so, in my non-official opinion, I think it should officially be called a "Bergy Bit"!
    To me, the melting of winter is the best part! :o)