Saturday, February 20, 2010

Insanity - Day 13

I can't believe I've made it through two weeks of this stuff! I'm pretty proud of myself.

Today was tough. It was one of the harder workouts (Pure Cardio) AND an additional workout (Cardio Abs). All in all, it was just about an hour of working out. I took a few minutes in between to rest a bit, but it was hard.

Grant did the workout with me today - both of them. He knew how hard it was by just watching me all those other times, but he got to feel it this time. Kendall also did a little with us, too. And Cami did some yoga poses at the end. It was a real family event.

To completely change the subject, some or most of you have already heard about this, but my brother was in a pretty serious motorcycle accident earlier today. With a lot of recovery, he's going to be fine, but we thought at first he broke his back. Turns out he has two compressed fractures, and both of his arms and hands are broken.

The way I understand it, he was doing his weekly ride with his motorcycle/dirtbike buddies. They were on some trails that they've done plenty of times before, so they were familiar with it. Apparently, a tree had fallen and was kind of covered. Tony wasn't able to avoid it in time. He was knocked out and woke up either in the ambulance or the emergency room, I'm not sure which one.

Anyways, he's much better off than he could've been. I was even able to talk to him, and Grant's dad got a little video of Tony talking and giving the thumbs up. I was really glad I could talk to him, and really glad to see him on the video. He won't need surgery on his back, but he will have surgery on his arms/hands, in fact, he might be in surgery right now. The doctor said he should be out of the hospital in a couple of days.

I appreciate everyone's prayers, and please keep them coming.

3 comments:

  1. praying for your brother...and still proud of your insane commitment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J. Spear1:33 AM

    Kelly,
    I was so sorry to hear about Tony's accident. We prayed for him this morning in church, and will continue to pray for his speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. will definately be praying for your brother. How scary.

    ReplyDelete